ACS Cobra Spain
Cobra/Kiewit - Gas Storage, Spain, 2010/12
The Unasys multi-discipline team, from our global network, together with the Unasys project application, e-PM, provided a completions solution.
The abandoned Amposta reservoir is being redeveloped as the Castor Underground Storage facility to provide stability and back-up to the gas supplies for the Mediterranean Axis of Spain in periods of high gas demand.
- 2 Platforms
- 1 Bridge
- 2 Jackets
- 1 Subsea Pipeline & FOC
- 1 Onshore operating plant, comprising over 25,000 tagged items and many project interfaces
Having established a presence in Spain, and with an offshore hook-up and commissioning background gained through years working in the North Sea, Cobra have been able to tap into this expertise to assist with this major development.
- Working between engineering offices in Houston and Madrid
- Operating between fabrication yards in Corpus Christi, Texas, and Dragados, Cadiz and the Onshore operating plants and Offshore support base in Vinaros Castellon, Spain.
- Transparency of project data resulting in a web browser to compliment the completions application e-PM.
- Develop the Hook-Up and Commissioning scope of work and schedule in eight weeks.
- Pulling all projects into one
- Careful attention to providing the management team with the right skill sets.
- Raising awareness of the critical items required for safe delivery of a major complex project.
- Ensuring seamless integration into existing processes.
- Management of Onshore mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, and commissioning in Kiewit fabrication yard, Ingleside, Texas.
- Development of an integrated project schedule.
- Training and supporting local people in the US and Spain in the operation of Unasys e-PM.